Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A long day

Mom and I went out early to buy bus tickets to catch the bus @ 1130. This bus comes once every hour, quite punctual I would say. :)

Kind Act #1
Mom entered the inner seat and a man in front of us helped to ‘straighten the back of the seat’ (an empty seat in front of mom) to give her more leg space.

After an hour of bus ride, we reached New York City: Port Authority bus terminal. Upon our exit, a Chinese man (40-50s) approached us. I would have ignored him n walked off based on my ‘cold’ character but seeing that Mom is with me, I decided to ‘entertain’ him. As expected, he asked for money. Not concerned with his reason/s, I decided to give $2 when he asked for $6.

* The man hanged around the area after we walked off.. probably I didn't give enough.

SIL had helped to get tickets for Top of the Rock from Rockefeller Center @ 1500. We had lunch @ Mcd. Hee… I was craving for fries even b4 I came here. I’m rather surprised to hear McD playing oldies. They played Belinda Carlisle: Circle in the Sand. Wow… this is one of my favourite songs when I was young. This song is exactly 20 yrs old now. ;p

Kind Act #2
A HK auntie left her branded purse in Mcd. A teenage gal went after her to return. :)























We reached Rockefeller Center 15 mins b4 ticket time and were allowed to enter early. They didn't check the timing of my ticket, guess they just wana control the number of people going up during each interval. The lift wasn’t as fast as TP101 (being the Tallest building now, the speed of the lift is super fast too), but it gives a different feeling to the visitors. The lights are off once the lift door closes; the ceiling of the lift is transparent. There are lightings and lasers in the passageway as the lift rises with trance music being played.The purpose of this trip is to take pictures of Empire State Building. In order to take pictures of ESB, you need to be at another skyscraper. I remembered seeing Rockefeller Center 2 years ago but we had already made plans to visit ESB then thus Rockefeller Center was skipped.

There are 3 levels of observatory decks, one level up after each level. One entrance pays all. :) Some tickets come in different prices for different levels. :(
























Done with the Top of the Rock at 1600, I wanted to bring Mom to Coach at Madison Avenue. Unable to locate Madison Avenue, we saw H&M at 5th Avenue. We went in for the aircon. It was 6 plus when we came out and it's time to go home. We are at Grand Central Station. Bro told us to take line S or 7 to Times Square, walk underground (poor ventilation) for about 5 minutes to Port Authority bus terminal (where we came this morning).

There are lots of hiccups on the way home. Personally, I don't appreciate their subway system in NYC, it is indeed confusing. You'll be approached for directions if you do hold a subway map. We reached home only 2 hours later.



Something delighting to end with. There are fireflies outside Ciso's house. I took a video clip of them.

No comments: