Friday, July 4, 2008

Back to e States

Slept @ 7am (not entirely due to packing but also some hsekeeping). Woke up @ 8 plus. Was given a bottle of something (Mom made n store in a glass jar). My job was to keep it. I wrapped it and packed in.

Reached Terminal 1 with an extra charge of $1. Only to realise we boarded the taxi @ 0929, peak hour ends @ 0930. :(

SGP to HK (1100 - 1500+)
To transit @ HK but it takes me a while to realise that I'm supposed to enter the Departure Gate though my gate no. is not confirm @ the moment. ;p

Prior to this, I had checked from the Cat Pac counter n was told the flight will be delayed for an hour ; each person is compensated with HK$75 (~S$13) for meals @ Level 6 (all food restaurants upon indicating flight no.)

It wasn't easy to find food initially. We came to gate 60+ n saw only 2 restaurants. One is Taiwanese Beef noodles, the other is more of western cafe style: sandwiches, pizza, spaghetti etc. Our choice was easily given to the cafe, seems to have more variety at one glance. ;)


We walked back to gate 35 where we were supposed to board the plane later. Still early, decided to walk to gate 15 to get SKII for SIL. Saw a notice on liquid restrictions for passengers on board.

All items of Liquids, Aerosols, Gels (LAG) must be stored in 100 ml containers which fit comfortably within a re-sealable transparent plastic bag of a maximum capacity not exceeding 1 litre.

A group of ang mo started gathering people to sing song. Didn't really pay attention to their lyrics but it was in both English and Mandarin.


I'm generally satisfied with Cathay (as compared to Thai's long haul flight). New design of seats with adjustable headrest, enhanced personal entertainment system, inflight laptop power for all classes of passengers, more secured cup holder, etc.

I'm in pain throughout the flight, aching n continuous pain for at least 10 hrs. Much as I'm physically tired, I couldn't bring myself to sleep. (ie. insufficient sleep for thurs n fri nite).

Finally reached John Fitzgerald Kennedy terminal 7 (ulu pandan terminal). Bro had reached much earlier to prevent jam from the earlier fireworks (4th Jul - US National Day).

Passed the customs (one of the last few) but the baggages were not ready. My 28" brownie was real heavy that I can't carry it down. Luckily, a kind soul offered his strength.


Lesson #1
The importance of man (strength) when you are travelling alone.

Lesson #2
Pack it (weight) within your limits.

Finally, we cleared all obstacles n i saw a head popping out. Yes, it's bro. ;)

We walked to his Audi A4 and was about to board the car (front passenger seat), I saw the steering wheel. Yes, I'm in America!

No comments: