Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Empire State Building

14 Jul 2008 (Monday)

I'm here (ESB) again to see the day view as the last visit on the night view had leave a deep impression over the last 2 years. I think my 'interest' in buildings developed from here and I became a fan of Nat Geo... ;p

Although this country is a shopping paradise to me but my No. 1 'things to do' for this trip (aside little Cheyenne) is to visit ESB. No. 2 came up to be Rockefeller Center (Top of the Rock). Both buildings are skyscrapers in New York City. My purpose is to see its day view and Chrysler building from ESB while Top of the Rock is to see ESB from eye level. In short, I'm only interested in Chrysler and ESB. ;p



Mom asked:
Why did you take so many pictures of this 2 buildings? Didn't you took a lot 2 years ago?

My reply:
Much time, effort and money were spent to build them. It's not easy. Plus, these 2 buildings were built in 1930 and 1931. It was indeed remarkable to build such tall and sturdy buildings in those days. What I did is merely to take more pictures from different angles to show slight appreciation of their hardwork...


Night view is beautiful but day view allows you to see things are clearly. Like most ang mo countries, most buildings are brown and grey as they were built many years ago. It may look dull but there are a couple of significant buildings you can see from ESB.  


Overall, ESB won the BEST view in my short lists of skyscrapers. ;p

No comments: